Favorite Anime Genre?

Discussion in 'Manga + Anime' started by Peyton c:, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Peyton c:

Peyton c: Minecraft Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

20%
    Anime is a lot like regular TV shows or movies in the sense that there are a wide variety of genres. But how many are really out there? If you guessed 42, then you're correct (At least according to the little research I did!).

Anime even has a few genres that are unique to it that we don't really see in other mainstream TV shows/movies, such as harem, reserve harem, slice of life, parody, and so on! There are so many genres to pick from, but what are your favorites?

I personally love sports, action, adventure, and harem/reserve harem animes! Leave a comment below about your favorite genres, and we can all compare :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. X_Eaglefrost_X

X_Eaglefrost_X Member

80%
    42, like the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trem

Trem Forum & In-Game Moderator Staff Member In-Game Moderator

70%
    4 years ago, I really liked reverse harem. That was a dark time for me.

Now, I enjoy romance and slice of life. I love the uniqueness of anime romances and slice of life adds realism to the whole setting. Comedy is also great when it is paired with romance.

I absolutely dislike action or adventure; I've never been interested in such curious things. I'm not an active or curious person, so I'm not a fan. I can't relate to anything with action.

4. Peyton c:

Peyton c: Minecraft Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

20%
    Haha, Eagle. ;)

We're kinda the opposite then, Trem! :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slushy

Slushy Member

80%
    I like... Magic & Adventure, which is why I watch Naruto and FairyTail! I could only watch the first season of FT based on the fact the other season weren't on Netflix rip.

6. Cockatoo123

Cockatoo123 FallenLight Senior InGame Manager Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

39%
    When I first started, I watched a lot of shounen/action/adventure/fantasy anime like Fairy Tail or Soul Eater but now I usually just watch slice of life type anime, though I'm open to any other genre. I do remember watching some harem anime, but I didn't really like it, and I've never been really interested in reverse harem either. I also like watching anime that's not too action based, but still pretty dramatic, like Kakegurui, which literally made a rock-paper-scissors match interesting (I'd recommend watching it, but it's not really suitable for a less mature audience, so be careful).

I also seem to watch anime that's around 12-24 episodes long per season, but that might just be because most anime is packaged like that nowadays so eh.