May Book Club

Discussion in 'MyFallen.net's Pub of Off-Topica and Randomness' started by Reeselizz, May 2, 2018.

1. Reeselizz

Reeselizz Corvus Ingame Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator In-Game Moderator

94%
    Hey Fallenities!

This is going to be the very first month of our book club, so it may be a little shaky :p

Anyways, the book for this month, is going to be Divergent by Veronica Roth. I explained this book in another post, but I'll explain it again

Divergent is a book about a girl named Beatrice, (Tris) Prior. In the city she lives in, there are five factions. Erudite, the knowledgeable. They know everything. Candor, they tell the truth and can tell when somebody is lying. Abnegation, the selfless. Amity, the kind. They farm, and give food to the other factions. Lastly, the Dauntless, the brave who are basically the police. When somebody turns sixteen, they take an aptitude test to see which faction they'd be put in. The test should tell you one faction that you belong in. But, in some cases, you can get put in two, three, even all. They call this, Divergent. Being Divergent is also not a good thing, from what the citizens of this city believe. (Mainly Erudite). Divergent is the story of Tris, and which faction she chooses, and how she lives her life. I hope you guys decide to check this book out! Next month we will be talking a bit about what we liked, disliked, or maybe confused on. (Not sure how to do this yet :p). Anyways, this book is also a trilogy, so there are two more books following, Divergent.

I have read this book before, here are a few disclaimers:

There may be a few cuss words.
    There is romance
    There are fighting scenes with blood

If you are not okay with these few things, then be cautious when reading this book if you choose to do so. But, it is a very good book, so I hope you all decide to read it!

2. Hannahmudkip28

Hannahmudkip28 Console Games Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

33%
    Yay, i've already read it a while ago and it was a nice book, personally i think it went downhill when it comes to the books after the first one, but divergent was always one of my favorites!

3. Reeselizz

Reeselizz Corvus Ingame Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator In-Game Moderator

94%
    Yeah, me too :( Although the books after Divergent are still good!

• Like Like x 1