Most underrated holiday?

Discussion in 'MyFallen.net's Pub of Off-Topica and Randomness' started by flamingsalmon, Nov 9, 2017.

1. flamingsalmon

flamingsalmon Community News Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

45%
    For me, I personally believe the holiday that is constantly looked over until about four days in advance is Thanksgiving. Most likely because everywhere you see, people decorating for Christmas early, ads everywhere for it on tv. But nothing about Thanksgiving? It's a weird world. Anyways what would you say is the most under rated holiday?

2. Birmanista

Birmanista Retired Retired

70%
    Agreed. I love Thanksgiving so much, so it kinda makes me sad to see a bunch of Christmas ads up and flying about while everyone disregards Thanksgiving.
    There's no other specific holiday I could think of that's underrated like Thanksgiving, but there's just a whole collection of pretty important state holidays for the US that go unnoticed, and probably other important national holidays that go unnoticed too. In Rhode Island we have our own Independence Day, and I don't see a bunch of local advertisers screaming out good deals on May 4th with patriotic colors.
    (To be fair it's probably difficult to advertise your products that relates to that day. We burned a ship.)

3. Peyton c:

Peyton c: Minecraft Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

20%
    The most underrated holiday I can think of is April 11th, which is National Pet Day in the United States. This holiday is sort of swept under the rug, and a lot of people don't about know/celebrate it. I don't even celebrate it. I just think it's a cool holiday that could be something really awesome since most people in America/across the globe love their pets like family.

4. flamingsalmon

45%
    Yep. But the thing is that national holidays are commonly forgotten about

5. Peyton c:

Peyton c: Minecraft Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

20%
    Exactly xD That's why it's underrated ;)

6. Patchcloudy

Patchcloudy Well-Known Member

83%
    I'd also have to say Thanksgiving, it's like Thanksgiving gets pushed over and Christmas stomps it's way in. It's annoying, since I love Thanksgiving so much.

7. flamingsalmon

45%
    I know right? It's a holiday, that celebrates America, and is mostly represented by eating a lot of food. How can you just glance over it?