New ranks?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cockatoo123, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cockatoo123

Cockatoo123 FallenLight Senior InGame Manager Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

39%
    Maybe FallenLight could have some new ranks that are earnable, maybe like:

Kitty:

How to earn: posted atleast 30 times on the forums, have a clean record and are trusted by the admins

Abilities: Nick others, Fly and Quiz newbs

Feline:

How to earn: Post atleast 50 times on the forums, have a clean record, trusted by the admins, have been a Kitty atleast 1 month and have been on the server for atleast 5 months

Abilities: Nick others, Fly, Quiz newbs and spawn any item they want

Or maybe some buyable things like being able to rp Lightclan (not make prophocies though) or Shadow Forest for 5$ a month?

2. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

I don't know much about the topic, but as for Feline's being able to Spawn in ANY item they want can and WILL be abused I assure you.

And as for quizzing newbs, I am pretty sure that is a staff only task.

But again, I am not knowledgable on the subject.

3. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    Then what's the point of Kitten?

4. Cockatoo123

Cockatoo123 FallenLight Senior InGame Manager Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

39%
    Ummm for players who cant become those ranks and have money? I duhnno, It'd just be nice to have some earnable ranks

5. NoMansLand

63%
    kitten allows us to pay for the servers. If we give free ranks then myfallen will cease to exist

6. NoMansLand

63%
    kitten allows us to pay for the servers. If we give free ranks then myfallen will cease to exist

7. brookiebear5892

brookiebear5892 New Member

I hope this isn't too late for a reply but I think I can shift around what Cockatoo said.

You can still buy Kitten, and it will stay that way but,

You can earn these special ranks:

Kit; The ability to nick yourself.

Apprentice; The ability to nick yourself all you want, and other people 5 times a day.

Warrior; The ability to nick all you wish.

A command idea:

/disguise

You can disguise as Ocelots and Cats. Like the tuxedo cat, tabby cat, and the other persian cat thing. I would try to make sure you only enabled the cat disguise. People would be an Ender Dragon left and right.

I think it would be cute <3

It would help the server make more sense.

8. NoMansLand

63%
    Time to shoot down ideas. I love this game ^_^

1. Kit: Peace of Cake, will be discussed.

2. Apprentice: IMPOSSIBRU WITH CURRENT PLUGINS

3. Warrior: Kitten, Warrior Whats the point?

4. Disguise: Kitten will get this before any other group, Kitten get all the perks cause they donate.

9. QueenFire

QueenFire New Member

If it isn't too late to reply, I also think earnablw ranks would be nice. Maybe just one. I mean, I can't get Kitten because my parents won't let me, so it would be nice to earn a rank. My idea:

Rank name: Kitty (like cockatoo said)

Ability: Turn creative on, nick themselves only

To earn: Post at least 15 things on the forums, have the staff trust you, be on the server for at LEAST a month.

I dunno... just an idea for people who aren't able to buy Kitten rank.

10. Cockatoo123

39%
    Maybe it should be like 50 posts cuz then it would be really easy to become a Kitty

11. Wolfhuntress

Wolfhuntress Retired Staff Member Retired

I like this, and it has always been in the back of my head, but I never thought it would happen.

I was thinking this:

-Kit; Average, like the currect cat

-Apprentice; It does not give you anything else, but it is a rank that shows you have been on for a while. (1-2 months to earn Apprentice, maybe?)

-Warrior; Maybe you can earn a Warrior kit, that gives you a small amount of food and tools, and shows you have been on for quite a while. (ATLEAST 4 months.)

-Deputy; Shows you have been on for a while and gives you better tools and a bit more food. (6 months?)

-Leader; A HUGE honor, and it means you have been on and are sort of like a elder. Maybe you get good tools, armor and food. (1 year)

So it gives you things, but not so much it overpowers kitten.

12. NoMansLand

63%
    Why would we give "Kitty" Creative, if we dont give it to Kitten?

13. Cockatoo123

39%
    Theres a few problems with that though

Many servers use the Kit, app, Warrior stuff so it no longer makes FL special.

FL isn't even a year old.

People can get their own armor .-. I got two chests full of diamonds

Kinda confusing cuz then "deputies" would make it sound like their characters ARE actual deputies, too confusing (same with Leader)

14. NoMansLand

63%
    It would be great to have a new forum only rank, we need to be able to balance it out that:

1. Kitten is still bought.

2. Can not be abused.

3. Will increase forum activity constantly. not just when you reach X amount of posts.

15. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

Our member + policy is sure to apply to Kris' 3rd point there.

I stand with his 3rd point as well

16. EpicDeathTime

EpicDeathTime New Member

I have a slight point; Some people can afford ranks but some can't, It would make sense to have a: [Loyal] Rank for people who have legit earnt it, and Staff know can trust to help out! You could give them limited perms e.g.

/fly /nick /tp

I know from experience my parents wouldn't let me, and loads if others can't either!

Thanks ~Epic

• Like Like x 1
  17. NoMansLand

63%
    Once again:

* Fly = Kitten

* TP = Kitten

* Nick = Kitten

We need to ensure Kitten will be purchased as No money = No servers.

18. Cockatoo123

39%
    How about a title that only is held by 4 (or more/less) people that allows them to nick and just that?

19. LeSofia

LeSofia New Member

I've been thinking about this little topics on ranks and I started to wonder this;

How come only mods get to build? 

So off this thought sprouted an idea.

-Has an interest in building dens/camps

-Can build them well

-Has been on the server for at least three months

-Has a forum account

-Is familiar with the mods 

-Has a clean grief record

-Is trusted by the admins not to abuse rank

Has the ability to:

-Take part in building new maps

-Fly

-Turn creative on (I know this might be a problem, this is why I'm suggesting this for the highly trusted people)

-Overall just build

So, yeah. You have to earn it. Doesn't override kitten, might be a good advance in the server, though I'm not sure what you would call this rank. Either way, just take this into consideration!

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  20. NoMansLand

63%
    Available on Phoenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.