1. flamingsalmon

flamingsalmon Community News Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

70%
    I'm almost completely certain most schools don't have these, but overnights. At my school, they're rather self explanatory and its just that you spend a night at school doing things, and this year since I'm in eighth grade, we're doing a four day hike along the Appalachian trail. Not excited. So, I'm gonna repeat, I don't know if any other school has these, but I'd like to know, does your school have them? and have they been fun?

2. Birmanista

Birmanista Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

35%
    In 5th grade, and only 5th grade, my school had what they called a "lock-in", which was a huge sleepover at the school with their friends. We all set up sleeping bags in the hallways, and all night there were different activities like tug o' war, dodgeball, etc. I think they also forced us to watch a movie (live action cat in the hat) too, but I could be mixing up my school dances and the lock-in. Then, in the morning, we all sat in the foyer eating school-quality french toast sticks and honestly, it was ok that the french toast sticks were school-quality, never ruined the fun of the lock-in. It was probably one of the best school dances/events they ever did, and I hoped beyond hope that they'd bring it back. They didn't, actually, which made a good amount of the school really sad.

3. Sparta (LiluTheCat)

Sparta (LiluTheCat) Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

58%
    Nah, we haven't done that. Sometimes we get loads of blankets and pillows and watch a movie but we never sleep at school, unless you board.

4. UnMuteYaBoy

UnMuteYaBoy Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

20%
    Does somebody in my L.A. class sleeping instead of reading his book in plain sight and not trying to hide that he's sleeping whatsoever count? If not, then no, never had one of these before. I did hear about one in that Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, though.

5. Reeselizz

Reeselizz Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

My school has what Birm has, lock-ins for the 8th graders. They spend the night in school blah seems sorta fun

6. flamingsalmon

70%
    You know what? Now I'm glad I'm gonna be going to a normal school even though it ain't gonna have those, it will at least not have backpacking nightmares.

7. Birmanista

35%
    Gotta get back to nature rai, because the trees need you and they need you because trees dont photosynthesize, they actually eat backpacks.

8. flamingsalmon

70%
    Well then my school is a feeding ground, my mind is made up birmboy

9. Birmanista

35%
    don't worry, at least the trees only eat backpacks, and not humans.

10. flamingsalmon

70%
    They can consume the children there for bonus points

11. Birmanista

35%
    but rai,, I thought that children are humans

12. flamingsalmon

70%
    I'm sorry have you met a child?