Our Servers

A Look Back - Top Secret: MyFallen Minecraft Files v5

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Jehosophat_MFGC, Sep 29, 2016.

By Jehosophat_MFGC on Sep 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM
  1. Jehosophat_MFGC

Jehosophat_MFGC Community Manager: Server Experience Staff Member Community Manager

54%
    This was originally posted to our blog by Jehosophat on February 21, 2012. These were really fun times!

[​IMG]

Top Secret: MyFallen Minecraft Files

Release date: February 20, 2012

Subject: Kris's Antics

Reason: Even CMs can have some fun.

Proof: Screenshots of Silliness & Witness Testimony
    When you think of the term “Community Manager” what comes to mind?

[​IMG]

As you know MFGC has three Community Managers (CM): NoMansLand_MFGC aka Kris, Queen_of_Scots aka Queen, and me, Jehosophat_MFGC aka Jeho. We three do a ton of things behind the scenes to run MFGC and we are constantly working to make it better for you.

[​IMG]

The past week or so things have not been as smooth as usual. We determined we needed to switch the plugin we use for the backend of our Minecraft server and there have been hiccups and speed bumps as we learn how to use it. We want to thank you all for hanging in there and being faithful to MFGC. Our server will be better for these changes and we appreciate your patience.

[​IMG]

Truth be told, Kris has carried the weight of this change on his shoulders. He knows more about this sort of thing than Queen and I combined. So as you can guess, he has had a rough week, balancing real life work and commitments with getting our server sorted and dealing with issues like permissions as they arise. So next time you see him, give him a bro hug (or a friendly slap up side the head :p) and thank him for all he is doing for MFGC. Without him we would be lost for sure.

Fortunately for Kris, the weekend before the big change he got a chance to goof off on the server and harass Queen and I (one of his favorite pastimes). We were working on a secret project that I would tell you about, but then we would have to kill you. Ok, ok. Not kill you but silence you…permanently. Anyway, we were working on a huge project we hope to be unveiling very soon and he came by to see how things were going.

Now if you know Kris, you know he has a rather short attention span and tends to get himself into mischief easily. He also views being helpful as being distracting, but he is adorable and we love him.

Evidence of Kris being “helpful” on other projects:

Smitty was working on his new home and Kris had an idea for some “bird’s eye appeal.”

[​IMG]

When Queen and I were building our new World Spawn, he thought people needed to know how sexy he really is.

[​IMG]

In fact, when Queen and I were getting ready to make the spawn building in Premiaplay (our creative world for premium members), he had his own idea of a welcome message there too.

[​IMG]

I also found out that his faction in Xtremeworld, The Care Bears Alliance (TCBA), had to put up a sign specifically for him in their faction base. He was kind enough to pose with the sign.

[​IMG]

So while Queen and I were busy working on the next phase of the top secret build, he was prancing around checking out our progress in his Taz skin. We should have known more antics would soon follow.

When he first joined us at the build site, we were constructing a well. And he decided it needed a sign. Kris loves his signs!

[​IMG]

Then as we moved on to another project, Kris decided it would be great fun to tunnel under our construction site and pop out in random places to say hi. So we buried him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things went quiet for a few minutes and Kris seemed to have moved on to other things, but suddenly hundreds of NCP villagers started appearing! We figured it had to be Kris, but we didn’t see him anywhere.

[​IMG]

Until finally we thought we caught a glimpse of a rabbit in amongst the villagers…and is that a hole in the floor?

[​IMG]

Sure enough, after a brief search we caught him! Kris aka Bugs Bunny had dug a huge series of connected tunnels all under our build site and would pop up at random, spawn something and disappear again, filling in the hole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He spent the next half hour or so running around underground, increasing the size of his extensive rabbit warren, and popping out to spawn mob or leave little signs for us to find. I will admit that Queen and I were both laughing hysterically to the point of tears and aching sides. It was fun, even if it was distracting.

I was out at the build site last night for the first time in a week. I literally laughed out loud when I saw he had been out there again leaving us funny messages and even creating a legitimate door to his underground labyrinth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So no matter what you think a CM does on the job, you know this for a fact. Our CM knows how to fix permissions, update plugins, deal with server crashes, and maybe even more importantly, have fun.

more to follow...

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Jehosophat_MFGC, Sep 29, 2016.