Our Servers

Any Good Minecraft Mods? (possibly on the server)

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by IkerCascas, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IkerCascas

IkerCascas New Member

Whats YOUR favorite minecraft mod (or more than one). Include if it's fun, or useful, also what it is.

Mine are the Clay soldiers mod- Little people that run around anfd fight each other (fun). And the Portal Mod- the game Portal and Portal 2 gets put in minecraft (fun, but realy useful).

P.S.- i (as you know) have no power about what mods will be on the server. You would have to get someone else to put it on.

2. pyrotechnic

pyrotechnic New Member

I haven't looked up many mods the ones I know are too many items, single player commands, and optifine (last two I learned about from smitty)

The first two give me lost of building freedom on singleplayer and the third helps a bit with performance and adds tons of graphical options.

3. Matt

Matt Member

I love the Tekkit mod pack. Fun and useful and adds a whole new dimension to the game

4. KillKamBeazt

KillKamBeazt New Member

One of my personal favorite mods is the timber mod. It is useful because if u hit the bottom block of a tree with an axe, then the whole tree will get cut down.

5. Jehosophat_MFGC

Jehosophat_MFGC Community Manager: Server Experience Staff Member Community Manager

54%
    We use mcmmo, which includes treefeller plus a ton of other stuff.

6. Toa Lucario

Toa Lucario Retired Staff Member Retired

44%
    I am currently enjoying Rei's Minimap Mod, and the autoswitcher mod.

Rei's Minimap allows you to see a small version of the game map (although it's not very detailed), check your coordinates without using F3 (what I use it for) and I just learned you can set waypoints as well, so you can remember where things are!

The Autoswitcher mod makes mining a whole lot easier. If you place all of your tools in the HUD bar, it will automatically switch to the tool most useful for the job. I use it for crafting though, I can build and if I make a mistake, the mod automatically switches over to the tool useful to break what you placed!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jimmyG_2053

jimmyG_2053 The Jimmy Retired

93%
    i think one of the best mods to play on single player is flans mods. Flans mod brings plane cars and guns to minecraft. You can get a ton of easy to install addons to make the mod even better. The only downside to this mod is it is hard to install itself. for this mod you will need minecraft forge, modloader, and modloaderMP.

for more info check out the mod itself at http://www.minecraft...otally-awesome/

Another good mod that is great for single player on also good on a minecraft server is optifine. Optifine is a minecraft mod that adds extra settings to the video settings on minecraft. Optifine also adds the ability to add HD texture packs to your minecraft without the need of a patcher. Last but not least optifine gives you a 20fps boost on your minecraft so if you have a slower computer you will never NEVER have to worry about lag anymore.

for more info check this mod out at http://www.minecraft...-and-much-more/

and always when you modding remember to have backup files it has saved me many times from ruining my minecraft

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. extremekiwi007

extremekiwi007 New Member

If u could Tekkit would be a really good mod to implement into your servers. You could even make a whole seperate server and have it be your Tekkit server.

9. Toa Lucario

44%
    Yeah, but the only thing about creating a different server is that it costs more money...

10. owen106

owen106 I'm Spiderman

We would need to make another server for tekkit, since it is not compatible with Bukkit, which as Toal said, costs more money and we would need enough interest to make it worth while.

As a side note: We use plugins on the server, not mods. plugins can be found at plugins.bukkit.org if you want to browse some.

Still fun to know all the fun mods for single player though :D

11. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    We have a dedicated and if it is really wanted by the community we can open a small 20 slot tekkit server for people.

12. GeneralLihkan

GeneralLihkan Retired Staff

could we add optifine? or possibly powercraft onto myfallen?

13. NoMansLand

63%
    Hello,

Optifine is from your jar.

Powercraft is from your jar as well (Possibly Tekkit)

14. GeneralLihkan

we should get optifine, or we should deifnitely get powercraft XD

15. NoMansLand

63%
    You need to install them onto your own Minecraft.jar file, not the server.

16. GeneralLihkan

>.> but im too lazy to install it on my .jar file. :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toa Lucario

44%
    General, I can do it for you. It's a piece of cake.

18. pinkpony180101

pinkpony180101 Retired Staff Member

I dunno if anyone said Nyan Cat mod, i dont care. :p NYAN CAT FTW! *hugs Nyan Cat shirt*

19. Toa Lucario

44%
    There's a Nyan Cat Mod?!?! WHAT!? Why was I not informed of this?!?!

20. GeneralLihkan

does anyone else give up on their reputation? cause i do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.