Our Servers

Letters

Discussion in 'Toxic Backstory' started by Jehosophat_MFGC, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jehosophat_MFGC

Jehosophat_MFGC Community Manager: Server Experience Staff Member Community Manager

54%
    Below are Prof. Anthiathia Ives' letters to her son that we have uncovered.

2. Jehosophat_MFGC

Jehosophat_MFGC Community Manager: Server Experience Staff Member Community Manager

54%
    April 21st, 2914

Dear Son,

I’ve finally finished the purifier. The years working on it… I’ve finally done it. The air won’t make Vita ill anymore. They are going to be setting up the Purifier in Udvellum to test it. The smog is worst over there. If it goes well, they might set the purifiers up in all the towns. I’m glad to have put the time and effort into them. I might just save Vita. And they might bring the Purifiers to help the lands beyond if it cures Vita. I don’t understand why you left our happy little island. Vita is wonderful. The only problem is the smog. I know you won’t be coming back, but I hope to come to you, and visit you in the land beyond us. But I’m not sure I could handle the flight. You know how far away the other lands are from us. I couldn’t handle such a long flight. And we rarely have planes landing here. No one ever wants to visit a place as polluted as us. I miss you. But I know you’re happy with your father, and that’s all that matters. I hope you’ll come back once the purifiers are a success. I’ve become popular with Invellum once they heard about my purifier. I’ve been getting chocolates and plastic roses at my door. I don’t have much of a use for all the gifts, but I appreciate them. But I would trade all the gifts in the world for you and your father to come back.

Love,

Mom

3. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    April 27th, 2914

Dear Son,

They deemed the Purifier a success! The air began clearing up in Udvellum only hours after setting it up! They are going to be setting up 3 in each town! Vita will be smog-free in a matter of weeks! You and your father will be able to come home to me at last! I’ve missed you both so dearly; I was scared I would never see you again! Udvellum is almost clear of the smog, and Invellum and Drevellum will be getting their purifiers installed tonight, and Asvellum and Orvellum will be getting theirs tomorrow. If Vita is cleared up, they will start sending them to the lands beyond, where you and your father have gone. The people of Udvellum have invited me there for an award. They want to thank me for saving their city. I am going to visit them once I have set up all the purifiers. I wish you were here to come with me though. But I’m willing to wait for you to come.

Love,

Mom

4. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    April 29th, 2914

Dear Son,

The ceremony went great! They gave me a gorgeous statue in the center of Vita. Everyone cheered and applauded me and gave me an amazing feast afterwards. All towns have 3 purifiers. The air has gotten so good; some people are getting better from the illness the smog caused. Whenever I leave the house, anyone who sees me calls my name and thanks me. Udvellum’s air is completely cleared, and the other towns are getting there. More and more people are flying here from the lands beyond to see the purifiers and clear air. I am amazed people would fly so far to see a boring old island far from any other land. But the clean air after a lifetime of smog is nice though, I must admit. I hope you’ll come home for your birthday. I know it’s coming up soon, and I would love to spend it with you. I’ll even buy the plane ticket and wait for you at the airport. I miss you, Son. I really do. Your room is still here, just as you left it. And I will wait for you, however long it takes. I’ll purify the whole world for you. I just wish you would write back. With the money I’m getting from the Purifier, I would love to send you some. Just, please, come back.

Love always,

Mom

5. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    May 3rd, 2914

Dear Son,

The Purifier in Udvellum seems to have problems. It is stuttering and shaking, and is releasing some unknown chemical instead of Pure Air. I am travelling to Udvellum to check it out today. I hope it hasn’t broken too badly. The current rain must have gotten into the machinery. It should be okay, but they are making sure no one goes near the purifier until I go to check it out. Don’t worry. This won’t change anything. You are still welcome to come for your birthday. You will always be welcome, no matter what I say.

When the air is clear, I plan to open up a farm. I’ve stored all the seeds and saplings I will need. I will need some help gardening them. I’m not a young as I used to be, and I’ll need some help tending to the garden. I hope you will consider coming back to help. I’m so afraid that you’ll leave without me and forget about me, Son. I… I can’t ever live with that. I need you, Son. I need you.

Love always,

Mom

6. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    May 7th, 2914

Dear Son,

It seems there are some problems with the purifiers. They have broken down, and instead of giving us clean air, they are spewing out some kind of gas unknown to us. After doing some tests, I realized that the gas is deadly. If you inhale too much, it will kill you. The machines have spewed out so much; we can’t get rid of it. I tried to shut off the purifiers, but they won’t. The gas won’t stop, and it is eating the air up so quickly, I don’t know what to do. The citizens have turned to me for help, but I don’t know what to do. The gas seems to eat up the air, as if it is alive. I’ve managed to destroy the ones that have been recently set up, but some of them won’t turn off. I designed them to be indestructible, and no matter what, I can’t get it to stop. I am trying to find some way to destroy it from the inside, but I am not having much luck. The land is too far away to evacuate the whole island. Only a few can leave, and I am not one of them. They aren’t letting any other planes come here to get us. We are on our own. If I can’t get the machines to stop, we might need to go underground. It is the only place we are safe. No boat can get us out; we don’t have enough supplies on the whole island to support a boat of three people, let alone a thousand. If I can’t get the machines to stop, I want you to know I love you.

Love always,

Mom

7. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    May 14th, 2914

Dear Son,

I’m afraid I have some bad news. I managed to stop the machines yesterday, but its been going for too long. The surface has been almost halfway covered in the gas. And by next week, the surface will be completely covered. The 5 cities have been working together to tunnel down. We know there is a large cavern big enough to shelter us down there. We are bringing all our plants and animals down. If we plant enough plants, there is enough oxygen down there to last us until we are able to plant enough to make us oxygen. There are streams we can filter for water, and there is coal so we can have light. I know from being beside the machines and air so long… I’m afraid I have breathed too much of the air. I’m dying. I can feel my lungs weakening every day. I suspect I have no more than a month left, if I can’t find an antidote. I know I’ll never see you or your father again. But I will always know you loved me, and that’s all that matters. I will work on an antidote, but I know by the time I’ve found it, I won’t be able to take it. I’ll have gone too far. But Son, please tell your father that I love him. And I want you to know, I will never love anyone as much as I love you, Son. I love you.

Love always,

Mom

8. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    May ?, 2914

Dear Son,

We’ve made it underground. The citizens have exiled me from themselves, even after I gave them all my seeds and plants. I’ve told them I’m sorry, and I am working on an antidote, but they ignore my pleas. I am no further in making the antidote then I was when I last wrote the letter. I’ve given up. I brought enough food to last me until me death. I expect it will be within the next week. I do not fear it. I fear what will become of humanity. Everyone fights over how to live. Some want to live in peace, some want to recreate the surface, some want to live on the plants and animals only, some want to raid the caverns, robbing them of all the resources. Some want to live like rouges. Some want to just die. I try to help, but they shove me away. I offer them my technology, my science, my life, but they assume the toxins have driven me to insanity. And they might be right. But whatever happens, I will have no say in it. I know my science caused this. I caused the apocalypse. I caused a nightmare. I understand why you left me now, Son. I am nothing but a failure. A disgrace to science. I am nothing. I ask you forgive me for all my begging and pleading. I am not worthy of you, Son. But no matter what, I want you to know I love you.

Love,

Mom

9. Jehosophat_MFGC

54%
    June ?, 2914

Dear Son,

It’s time. The council of 5 have made their decision. It’s time for us to find Vita. Our new home. I just hope you and your father can get on a ship out of this place. I will be stuck here until I die. The council of 5 don’t want to know me. I’ve been put into exile. It’s lonely. I am going mad slowly I can feel my brain melt, all I know is that I love you, Son, I love your father. I will always be your mother and I will always be your best friend. Just remember that. A mother’s job is to be your best friend, while your father is there to be someone you can confide in.

Remember son, when you have your own kids, just remember to be there for your kids. Don’t do anything that can risk their lives. Live for your kids, as I had done for you. I failed you and I failed the people of Earth.

I will always love you son,

Mom
    Prof. Anthiathia Ives

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.