MF Forum Move

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by NoMansLand, May 22, 2018.

By NoMansLand on May 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  1. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    Hi All,

I'm writing to inform everyone of a pending forum move.

The servers are currently hosted in Provo, Utah, U.S.A, due to the costs rising due to my stupid government and the stupid exchange rate, We cannot fathom having MFGC on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) any longer. As such we are moving it to Sydney, Australia (Where the kangaroo's are).

You may not notice it at first, or you may, who knows.. dun-dun-dun... but several changes will be made:

1. HTTPS - All MyFallen content will be served via HTTPS (it will auto redirect you), This is HTTP secure, or for you more nerdy people out that that may ever read this, it is short for Hyper Text Transport Protocol Secure (HTTPS).

2. Cloudflare - We will be utilizing Cloudflare's Cache system to provide faster access to our forums including if they go down for any reason you can still see my lovely avatar.

3. Minor Down time - Yes. There may be minor down time, this will not effect the game servers just you using "play.myfallen.net" or "mc.myfallen.net" you will need to utilize: 162.244.165.72 (This is the direct IP) while the DNS servers propagate between our current Name servers (ns1.myfallen.net & ns2.myfallen.net) to Cloudflares (alice.cloudflare.net & timmy.cloudflare.net).

If there's any issues I will open a special forum that will allow you to post your concerns.. it will be called "Post your concerns.. a NoMansLand forum"

Thanks,

Kris

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by NoMansLand, May 22, 2018.