Our Servers

[Minecraft] - Authentication Required now

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by NoMansLand, Sep 22, 2019.

By NoMansLand on Sep 22, 2019 at 11:23 AM
  1. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    Hi All,

Due to recent "hacking" attempts (more of a session spoof then a hack..), by a lovely person who wont be named but we'll call him POP (Piece of Poop). So what POP did was find a target (This time it was Mythic) and then logged in using a false IP address (Resolved to 127.0.0.1 (Those of you who know what that is, it's the local loopback address (Every computer has it and it cant be banned))).

So what POP did was use World Edit to create a hole in the spawn of FallenLight, why? Who knows. But it was easily fixed by Tsundere & the awesome team who look after your servers.

To prevent this happening again we have implemented a new plugin that will require you to register & login to play on the servers. This is an extra step I know but it's a necessary one to ensure your servers, your accounts & you are safe.

What do I need to do?

You will need to register your account when you play on MyFallen by typing: /register [password] [Same Password]

When you sign in you will need to do: /login [password]

Help! I forgot my password!!

Contact a Staff member of MyFallen GC and we can reset your password.

How many accounts can I register?

It is a maximum of 3 accounts per IP Address.

I want to reset my password, how can I?

When you are signed in type: /changepassword [oldpassword] [newpassword]

What are the password requirements?

- Minimum of 8 Characters
    - Maximum of 30 Characters

Can I use the password "Password"?

Yes, but it's not recommended as a hacker can break the password "Password"/"password"/"p4ssw0rd"/"Password123" etc. In about 10 - 15 seconds

How do I know if my password is secure?

There is a website called https://www.howsecureismypassword.net - If it takes longer than 1 year, its pretty decent. If it takes over 10 years, its better.

Please Note: DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE - ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON YOUR ACCOUNT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! - WE WILL NOT ACCEPT "IT WAS MY BROTHER" - Your account has a password.

MyFallen Staff will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER ask for your password. If you provide it to us we will reset it to something crazy.

If you have any questions please post below

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by NoMansLand, Sep 22, 2019.