Our Servers

MyFallen Movie

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by Inces_Velus, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inces_Velus

Inces_Velus New Member

So I was wondering if the server as a whole would help make a movie, if Jehosophat would be willing her and I could make a script (when is the script making contest? or we could do it for NaNoWriMo :p )

I have a background story, character outlines, I just need people to help build structures, to help do choreography, maybe voiceovers (I can get people in my town for the voice overs) and editors to give input, as well as the servers permission in general, thus I ask, mods....would this be okay? As Minecraft YouTube videos are massively growing I thought this would be a huge way to spread our server name

As I want people to be able to think of ideas if this is good, and while I have the time, I am going to type the background story below....it will be extensive, so if you don't like reading....heads up

Story:

The world has come to a world wide market crash, dollars are worth nothing and haggling has become the only way to get what you want. Because of this, chaos is extensive, and because of chaos, teh military owns everything. When teh military owes the world and multiple nations, only world war is caused, adn because of this, the US has 6 major people to be put in Stasis Pods (the Pods are made by the MyFallen Lab)

The 6 people include:

The Brain: the thinker, mathematician, and overall brain

The Soldier: Warrior, fighter, a US Marine from a secret Black Ops mission

The Survivalist: Lives off the land, knows how to survive along with the Marine

The Mechanic: Was brought in incase machines could be made working again

The Builder: Someone known to make ellaborate designs, and sturdy homes

The Temple Raider: from his raiding was RICH enough to buy his way into the Stasis Pods

The story starts when one of the MyFallen scientists made two make shift prototype Stasis Pods for him and his son. As he plugs them into to charge and work, the town is taken under attack from Russia. Put into the Pods the son (16 years old) the sons pod charges and then self sustains while the fathers pod doesn't charge for some reason and his pod doesn't work.

The son wakes 200 years later to find the world in ruin, and the land claimed as the land of MyFallen (as those who survived where considered angels who "fell" onto the earth) he exits the Pod to find that he has to now survive on his own. He finds a dog nearby who he befriends the boy (who I have yet to name)

After a while he bumps into the Survivalist, who brings him to the "Fallen" Land, a place of refuge. Turns out chemical warfare became extreme, some people turning into mindless beings while otehrs where burned so much thier skin was gone until thier bones showed. And to try and take over nearby countries, some people where turned into walking terrorists with bombs actually strapped inside (creepers)

from here, I need help or edits about the story...and on top of this i again needs mods and teh server hosts permission so ideas yes, but this is not approved....

thanks!

2. Xin

Xin New Member

Certainly interesting, for some reason it reminds me of the game "Fallout"

The story seems a bit unfocused though, maybe some refinement of key plot points would help that.

3. Inces_Velus

Inces_Velus New Member

As I said, this is an outline/backline story, and that's y i need editors/ideas :)

4. Stormkrasher

Stormkrasher Well-Known Member

45%
    Jadenh2 has a great skin for the "soldier" as he already is metalgearsolid....but i dont think he likes script and such

5. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

I would love to help....but i can't edit...i can't draw.....and the only thing i am good at is writing :p so if there is an opening there i would help.

6. Inces_Velus

Inces_Velus New Member

Again, mods would have to approve, im sending the ticket today...and I can figure drawings and sripts, and digger, more witers = more help

7. GeneralLihkan

GeneralLihkan Retired Staff

the brain, i would guess to be toalucario and the builder i could do because i make some very sturdy homes XD JS

8. Toa Lucario

Toa Lucario Retired Staff Member Retired

44%
    Oooooh! I like the story idea. I'll read some of my old story ideas and see if there's anything I can work on. P.S. Could I write about the Mechanic? I think that'd be awesome!

9. Inces_Velus

Inces_Velus New Member

Toa, definitely, I would love story ideas, and every charater would need their own background story, slightly, and at some poit we would need voiceovers....only problem I am having...all screen recording programs for Mac, cost money

Journals from Jonathan Velus

“The date is 2018, January 12th. The economy has failed causing a mass split in the countries. MIlitary organizations have taken over large parts of land and claimed them as regions. World war has become the last resort as region after region declares their own independence. Everything seems to become worse and worse.”

“The date is 2018, July 21st. Weapons have become scarce. Power heads have risen as the top three militaries; Ameris, Tri-Sect, and Kristos. Ameris has the numbers, and seems to have enough food and weapons to last awhile. Tri-Sect has the power, as it is three regions that have all joined forces. And Kristos is falling, they do not have the supplies to out last their neighbors; Tri-Sect, submission is imminent. Small resistance forces are scattered throughout the world. I venture out to find those resistance groups and help them.”

“The date is 2018, September 7th. Weapons are officially stock piled, and primitive weapons and tools are the only way of survival. Tri-Sect took over Kristos this week and have become known as Quadris. Ameris seems to still hold strong and have scattered their forces to various locations in attempts to find supplies. Tri-Sect used most of their bullets and guns to take over Kristos and because of this Ameris has the advantage of more weapons. I have stumbled upon three resistance groups and we have isolated to one region away from the wars in the once known location of Chile.”

“The date is 2018, November 15th. Quadris cannot make Ameris submit and both groups have declared total war. The groups I have found have collected to start our own region, still unknown to the major military heads. We call it MyFallen, as we are the ones who have fallen, and yet we still stand. Quandris seems to have a secret operation started. I am not sure exactly what it is, but we have prepared for the worst. Stumbling upon an old science lab we found a mechanic to fix everything and get it all working. It seems to be a Cryo-Stasis Lab. We have found 9 operational ‘Pods’ but do not know if they work.”

“The date is 2018, December 25th. Today I mark as the day of Digression. The secret weapon Quadris was working on was a super soldier chemical. It has escaped to the point of no containment. Turning people into men who cannot die we see zombie like men running around. The chemical seems to activate the anger and adrenaline side of the brain to make them rush towards anything they can kill, without hesitation. Others are beyond repair and actually hold weapons, their bones showing as a lack of muscle and skin seem to show. Ameris tried to counter act Quandris by strapping explosives to the chests of their soldiers for incase they were about to die, but mixed with the chemicals it actually infused the explosives into them. Our forces are about to retreat back to MyFallen and prepare for the worse.”

“The date is 2019, January 1st. the first day of the new year, and the last day of our lives. The 9 Stasis Pods have been turned on, and 9 names were drawn from a hat. I was lucky enough to be the second name drawn. The 9 Pods were turned on, and we were only allowed to bring a few things. I chose to bring my journals and enough clothes for two days. I end this journal in hopes that when I wake, the fallen cities, the dying people, and the destroyed civilizations are corrected.”

I made some journal entries one entry before each episode, to build up the background story...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  10. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

Why does it always have to be Russia.. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  11. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

So true Dan, So true :p

12. Jehosophat_MFGC

Jehosophat_MFGC Community Manager: Server Experience Staff Member Community Manager

54%
    You can get great screen capture with quicktime. That is how I do the videos for MFGC. It comes with your mac, so no cost. I have editing software available to me as well.

13. Toa Lucario

44%
    I just recently learned that there's also a video capture mod that you can add to your .jar!  I'll look for it and post it here.

14. GeneralLihkan

GeneralLihkan Retired Staff

talk to soapy he has some recording programs that he used to record our building contest.

15. Stormkrasher

Stormkrasher Well-Known Member

45%
    MSI Afterburner is completely free and all of its ratings score right up there with Fapps and Camtasia

16. TheGodKing_Storm

TheGodKing_Storm New Member

i can have onther camera angle if u want

17. Soapy193

Soapy193 New Member

I could help! If someone would PLEASE look at my post about me not being able to get on the server!

18. Toa Lucario

44%
  19. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
  20. Soapy193

Soapy193 New Member

If i can, i would be the survivalist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.