Nehelenia's Story: Finale

Discussion in 'Cats' started by Birmanista, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Birmanista

Birmanista Retired Retired

35%
    Woops, this took a long time to actually write, it's been like what, 7 months? Oh well, enjoy this I guess.
    (Also I didn't proofread, I'm sorry if there's any strange grammatical errors in here.)

~~~
    Nehelenia sat in the corner on her den, watching her captive intently. Mamoru, the cat that she took back, hasn't awaken yet, although it has been several minutes since she's returned to her own den, dragging Mamoru all the way down the ravine. Nehelenia was pretty proud about her mission, the stroke of luck that she had sneaking past Haruka and Michiru was a miracle, as they watched almost anything. Although, one question kept repeating in her head: Would the other cats know, and how would they react? They'll storm the den of course, she thought to herself, over and over, answering her own question.
    But would they find the den?

~The next day~
    Usagi woke up slowly, albeit eyes still closed, yawning pretty loudly. She rolled over to where Mamoru would sleep, mumbling a little happy noise, expecting him to be there. In fact, the opposite was true, he wasn't there. The nest was cold to the touch, which shocked Usagi to open her eyes. She quickly glanced around if Mamoru had woken up before her, seeing only a withered moon flower on his nest. As panic risen. she rushed out of the den, moon flower in her mouth, gazing at the valley where she lived in. "Oh no, oh no no no no..." she mumbled, quickly leaping down from the ledge, and running into Rei, Minako and Makoto's den, her closest friends and confidants.
    "Rei, Minako, Makoto!" she shouted, shaking them one by one to get them up. Rei was the first one to wake up, followed by Makoto and Minako. "Wow Usagi," Rei meowed, her voice soft and dreary, having just been woken up. "I'm surprised you're up this early. The sun isn't even up yet."

"Rei, this isn't the time, Mamoru is missing, and I can't find him anywhere!" Usagi yelled, feeling her heart beat within her chest. The moon flower floated down to her paws, catching the attention of her friends.

"What's that?" Minako asked, pushing it with her paw. Usagi gave a little cat shrug, explaining that she found it in Mamoru's nest.

"Maybe Setsuna knows what this means?" Makoto asked. Usagi picked up the moon flower in her mouth again, then signaled for the she-cats to follow her. They sprinted across the clearing, running into Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna's den, where the inhabitants were chatting among themselves.

"Setsuna, do you know what this flower means, and have you seen Mamoru? Usagi woke up to find that he's gone." Minako asked the older cats, prompting them to shake their heads, while Setsuna walked over to the moon flower to examine it. Usagi felt tears pricking at her eyes, trying to shake them off.

"Usagi," Michiru spoke up, gracefully trotting over to where she was. "If it makes you feel better, I did see some mysterious cat drag Mamoru away last night."

"I don't think that makes her feel better Michiru," Haruka said, glancing at Usagi's grief-stricken face, "But it does give us a start."

"And I know exactly who this cat is, and where they went." Setsuna meowed, dropping the flower to head out of the den, the 5 cats behind her.

~~~
    Nehelenia woke up to hear cats outside her den, a slight growl growing in her throat. Mamoru still hasn't woken up, thankfully, so she dragged him, as gently as she could, through a secret tunnel in her den, up to a little entrance way carved high up in a wall. She left him there, and quickly rushed back down to her den, sealing up the passageway, and preparing for her last battle.

~~~
    "Nehelenia!" Setsuna spat, a rare occurrence when her temper grew to a boiling point. She leaped down into the ravine, followed by the other cats. She signaled with her tail for the cats to split up, Usagi, Rei, Minako and Makoto to be in one group, Michiru, Haruka and Setsuna in another. The 2 groups searched every nook and cranny for Nehelenia, no trace of her to be found. Eventually, both groups met up in front of a large cave, unsure if Nehelenia even lived in the ravine anymore. That is, until Usagi spotted Mamoru, sleeping away on top of a cliff. "Mamoru!" Usagi shouted, rushing towards him. She didn't notice the pair of gleaming eyes that were watching her from another cliff, so when Usagi tried to clamber up the side of the cliff, at the dismay and panic of the others, the eyes leaped down, which belonged to Nehelenia, pinning Usagi to the ground.
    "Usagi!" Rei shouted, quickly leaping on top of Nehelenia, who shook her off in an instant.

"I knew you would come save your mate, Usagi." Nehelenia spat, trying to keep Usagi from wriggling away. "But I must be honest, I didn't know you would turn it into a family reunion."

"Let go of me!" Usagi screeched, continuing her attempts to be free of Nehelenia's grasp. This time, Michiru and Haruka attacked at the same time, bowling over Nehelenia. Usagi quickly got to her feet, while Rei, Minako, Makoto and Setsuna rushed to her side.

"Help Michiru and Haruka and distract Nehelenia, I'll rescue Mamoru." Usagi ordered, the others nodding and heading off to fight Nehelenia. Usagi quickly slipped into a cave that held herbs and a nest, and guessing that it was where Nehelenia slept. She noticed, in fact, a small pile of leaves in front of the wall. She nudged them away, finding a small hold in the wall. She barely fit through, and that hole lead to a tunnel that went up, ending at the cliff that Mamoru was on. Usagi nudged Mamoru, trying to get him to wake up. After a couple minutes, Mamoru slowly woke up, purring at the sight of Usagi. They touched noses briefly, and turned their eyes to Nehelenia, who was cornered by the other cats.

"You," Nehelenia muttered, a growl rising. "You abandoned me!" she yowled, starting to leap at Setsuna. But, she was stopped by Haruka, who quickly leaped on top of Nehelenia, and pinned her down. Haruka then grabbed Nehelenia, and dragged her over to the edge of the cave. Nehelenia yowled, her attempts to be free from the larger cat were in vain. Haruka then threw Nehelenia off the side of the cliff, into the bottom of the ravine where sharp, jagged rocks lay, and turned around, muttering a "Let's go home" to the group.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AmberTheTato

AmberTheTato Retired Retired

39%
    Ooh, I liked that ending. It was pretty well written. :D
    I guess I expected a little more with what happened with Nehelenia, Setsuna, and Haruka, but it still worked out well. Do you think you'll start another story? o3o

3. Birmanista

35%
    Ahh sorry about the lack of the Setsuna, Haruka and Nehelenia fight, just imagine like them leaping around and flailing.
    And I might do an epilogue with Nehelenia in the Shadow Forest or something, I don't really know. Either that or start just a completely new fanfic story about like Cherry or something.

4. AmberTheTato

AmberTheTato Retired Retired

39%
    Actually, we all need to read about the Cherapist. c:

5. Birmanista

35%
    Then the Cherapist it shall be <: