Our Servers

The Wolves of Highoak Village

Discussion in 'Human' started by Pengu, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Pengu

Pengu Retired Retired

33%

Chapter 1 - The Burrow

I squeal in delight as the alpha, Elk, announces that me and my littermates will have our first hunt as a pack tonight. We have only been chasing mice and butterflies so far, but now its for real. I bound off with my littermates, Night with her black fur and white markings and Boulder, with his large build and gray fur. We were the only pups in the pack besides the yearling, Birch. She may be small, but shes fast and could bring down a full grown doe all by herself if she hit it in just the right spot. As I leap onto Boulder to tussle, our mother, Moon snaps at us "Star! Stop and act mature. Your getting to an age where playing is not as acceptable. Food doesn’t just bring down itself." I hang my head "Sorry Moon." She has always been strict, Moon believed in uniform pups made better wolves. As we go off to look for hares or berries, Eagle, the beta calls us over and tells us "I know your mother may be strict, but its fine to play, go off and play now." he says with a bark of laughter. Night smiles and runs over to a rabbit hole and sticks her head in "Come on, last one to get a rabbit is a fox!" she calls as she darts in but Boulder calls out in protest. "Hey! No fair! You know I cant fit." Even though he tries anyway just to come back out with dirt in his scruff, sneezing. I smile and crawl in, starting to get too big for the tunnel. I turn through the burrow as it goes deeper in some spots and higher in others. Then at a 3 way conjugation point, I realize Im lost in the burrow. I yelp and hear it echo through the tunnels and listen for any returning echos. When I get no reply, I panic and whirl around, now unsure of which way I had come from.

2. AmberTheTato

AmberTheTato Retired Retired

39%
    I love the cliffhangerish end xD

3. Pengu

Pengu Retired Retired

33%
    Oooo, :D

Don't worry, I'll try to get another chapter out by the end of the week but with NaNoWriMo and school, its chaotic.

4. AmberTheTato

AmberTheTato Retired Retired

39%
    good luck! You should take your time when you have life to attend to, I'm really patient x)

5. Pengu

Pengu Retired Retired

33%
    alright, working on the next chapter, so it should be out tomorrow, maybe not though

6. Pengu

Pengu Retired Retired

33%
    My gosh, I cant believe I almost started a NEW story >.< I. Am. TERRIBLE at making myself finish already started stories

All Wolves of Highoak Village readers, please yell at me if I dont get it out by today

7. Le Amazing Ocelot

Le Amazing Ocelot Retired Retired

45%