Our Servers

Validity Of Certian Names

Discussion in 'Forest of FallenLight' started by glittr_keeper02, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glittr_keeper02

glittr_keeper02 Cats & Videogames. Meow.

Why is 'frost' invalid? Okay okay, yeah theres a FrostClan. But half the members dont even know what FC is and no one EVER roleplays it. Why is the name 'Marshmallow' invalid? Cats know what a marsh is and mallow is a herb. MALLOW not mellow. And yeah twolegs know what a marshmallow and cats dont but do cats know that twolegs have marshmallows? NO! Similar things for like Swimmingpool and such!

2. Alpha_Mike2

Alpha_Mike2 Retired Staff Member Retired

so I originally had my name as Darkwing then he became a loner that was named Shade because he was from SHADEclan and was his name of remembering his burden when i changed my name to shade there were literally five moderators on, no one spoke up. then i had to change my name to archon because of Shadeclan but the odd thing was, the mod who told me to change it was one of the mods when i changed my name to shade... why didn't they speak up before?

3. glittr_keeper02

I know right? Thats SO annoying! Also, I have to live without roleplaying my favorite OC, Emberflight, who's been my first OC, like almost copyright like Firesong, because of EmberClan. I respect the rules and all buts its seriously annoyed when a LONER OR KITTYPET OR ROUGE cant have that name. Also, I dont like TORW names should have effect. Yeah, maybe Stoneteller and Brook shouldnt be used, but I have this rouge OC named Screech who was the leader of a very very popular rouge pack started by Cooper in NOVEMBER! Still alive but he's in hiding ;P I'll bring him back one day! JUST YOU WAIT!

Also, what I just don't like is that SHARD is invalid? SHARD? Uh yeah cats dont know what a GLASS SHARD is but they sure do know what a crystal shard is and what a stone shard is. SLATE? Slate of rock. Yet SOMEHOW Koala is/was valid? ?!??!? Also, apparently star is invalid as a L/R/KP name? Yeah I dont approve of like Muffinstar as a name but names like: Stareni and Stareyes. They were never Clan cats.

Moderators: Please use the EDIT button. It's simple and easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  4. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    Hi Creeper,

I am getting FallenLight mods to look into this

Ok?

Kisses

Me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeCookieLucy

LeCookieLucy Retired Staff Member Retired

43%
    *Jumps in-front and get kissed*  :3

6. TheLlamaQueen

TheLlamaQueen Retired Staff Member Retired

45%
    *watches Lucy get kissed* Yah, ik what you mean. I got told off for being TigersClaw the rogue :( ITS NOT EVEN THE SAME NAME PEOPLE. soooo annoying...

• Like Like x 1
  7. glittr_keeper02

Thanks His royal highness of perfection! But you aren't getting any kissies from me. Im special like that.

Yeah. I got yelled at for asking to be named Goldflower (Goldenflower..) one time. Also about that Screech character I got yelled at by like 6 mods and this one member for having a TORW name! And I was a very important cat. That has been alive for months and counting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  8. HomestuckiePixel

HomestuckiePixel Well-Known Member

33%
    I remember not being able to be nicked my all time fave OC,Inkshadow.They fixed it doh

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  9. glittr_keeper02

10. Glennar

Glennar Retired Staff Member Retired

We get that you don't like the nick rules, but...

We have them in place for reasons you can ask a Senior In-Game Manager for, and most Moderators.

Just in case, here's a list of invalid names, and other mods, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Any name from the books, with one or two exceptions.
    • Any name that has "star" as a prefix or suffix who isn't a leader.
    • Any name with one of the server's clan name as a prefix or suffix, including Frostclan.
    • Anything a cat is not familiar with ONLY IF it is a clan name.
    • Anything profane or inappropriate.
    • You get the point by now (I hope).
    Besides that, I hope you'll still have fun either way things roll on FallenLight, and hope to see you on soon.

-Glennar

11. glittr_keeper02

Okay... I underrstand. i have nothing against these things, but I have a list for you on some names Id like to be made valid because other people have had trouble with them.
    - Marshmalllow is perfectly valid. Cats know what a marsh is, and mallow is a herb. They may not know what a Marshmallow is, but its just so likely the two words ended up in a name just like Cinderpelt and Mistyfoot. They do not know twolegs have Marshmallows so it wouldn't make a difference. Same for Swimmingpool. (I just want Cato to get his name.. ALL OF THIS has very little to do with ME, I just want the other members to get their desired nicks)
    - Frost being invalid is understandable... I just wanted to mention the situation because many players are unhappy with this.
    - I'd like it if 'shard' and ' slate" were valid. I PERSONALLY want these as suffixes a LOT and they're perfectly fine names.
    - No star in the name is understandable.... But ... Those two people didn't want their character 's namss to be changed so I just brought up the aubject and TRIED to support them.

All and all, I realy care about small things for the Community, and all I really want right now is for Cato to get his Marshmalloa nick, and for the whole of FallenLight to use Frost as a prefix or suffix. You can look this over and try to make some changes to the things I disagreed upon. I won't settle for 0 changes. The more suffixes availble, the more freedom of personalization for the whole of Fallen Light, and the more availible combinations like Marshmallow, more unique in a Community we'll be.

Spoots I see you're reading this

Glenn...
    "I get that you don't like the nick rules..."
    I may want a suffix or two, but mainly this was to get more personalization for Fallen Light. It's nothing big, but small things on their own helps and there isn't any reason why we can't fight for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  12. Alpha_Mike2

Alpha_Mike2 Retired Staff Member Retired

I "don't not like the nick rules" rules are rules for a reason I just wish the mods were consistent with what they tell us and expect us to follow if one mod says its ok for me to have a certain name one day with other mods on then another day one of the mods on when the nick was changed tells me that my name is invalid and no rule changes have occurred I just sit there scratching my head... 

13. Wolfhuntress

Wolfhuntress Retired Staff Member Retired

Marshmallow, in my opinion, is invalid all the same, mainly because it is also a twoleg object, but hopefully I and the other staff can talk it over to come to a conclusion.

I think Shard and Slate are completely valid names, and I do not see what is so wrong about them. We are still going to stand tall about the Frost- rule, because it is still a clan all the same. I, personally, base what names I think are Valid and Invalid off of this: http://warriors.wikia.com/wiki/User:Insaneular/Name_Segments

With an exception to the few such as Star and Spirit/Ember/Shade/Echo/Lake

14. glittr_keeper02

*sigh* Well everyone once in a while Im going to post here about suffixes and prefixes that moderators claim to be invalid that should be. Mostly my input will be from the other players.

15. HomestuckiePixel

HomestuckiePixel Well-Known Member

33%
    Not that it helps..but I made a small booklet of actual prefixes and suffoxes from the books,and some that I think would be valid

16. glittr_keeper02

Yeah nhm *bropaw*

17. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    Please share them all, MyFallen is your community, help us shape it into something better

18. glittr_keeper02

My list of new things that hasn't been used and needs to pass inspection:

Jasper

Ethereal

Larkspur

Lemon

Zero

Gate

Peral

Hurricane

Blizzard

Grape

Flying

Herring

Arachnid

Half

Miniature

Burgundy

Jinx

Paradise

Bunny

Summer

19. TheLlamaQueen

TheLlamaQueen Retired Staff Member Retired

45%
    Personally from that list up there I say:

Blizzard

Half

Jasper

Hurricane

And

Summer

Definitely need to be names.

My reasons?

Half was used in the books (Halftail) and I don't see why it shouldn't be used as a prefix/suffix

Blizzard. Well, cats know what a Blizzard is. It'd be silly for it not to be used.

Jasper is a kind of precious stone right? I know it might not be a favourite as a book name, but I think in the FanClans at least some cats might know what jasper is.

Summer. Well I know Clan cats call it Greenleaf, but they may have heard it from a kittypet or they were a former kittypet called Summer.

Anyways, those are my reasons for why they should be names. I hope they pass the test :3

20. JojoRainicorn

JojoRainicorn Retired Retired

40%
    Ok, personally, I can see why names like:

Lemon

Grape

And other silly things like that are a bit iffy and mods can potentially say that they're invalid and everything, but the others we will observe and they will possibly end up being valid . OK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.