Our Servers

Warriors Halloween Party?

Discussion in 'Forest of FallenLight' started by glittr_keeper02, Sep 28, 2014.

1. glittr_keeper02

glittr_keeper02 Cats & Videogames. Meow.

Okay, if the CMs and SIGMs approve of this, I have it SORT OF planned out fo yall <3

October Festival will be held October 24th - October 31st. (That is exactly a week).

Day 1 - Halloween Bash!

All day, a Halloween Bash at the Gathering Place; Decorated with jack-o-lanterns, cobwebs, and possibly a gigantic coal or obsidian spider on top of the Gathering Tree! Of course, the decor would be taken down after the October Festival is done (AKA after October 31st). There will be a separate topic of a certain title where we can shout our IGNs. Those IGNs will be written down by the host (Could be a staff, or me, I'd LOVE to host it! I am planning it after all and had the idea <3 but the staff make it happen.) on different slips of paper and put in a bowl, then the host would draw maybe 10 names.

Here's a list of suggestions for prizes from the drawing :3

1st Picked - Diamond Boots

2nd Picked - Diamond Helmet

3rd Picked - Diamond Chest-Plate

4th Picked - Diamond Block

5th Picked - Da Pumpkin Party Suit (Pumpkin for head, orange leather tunic, golden pants and golden boots!)

6th Picked - Enchantment Opportunity (A stack of Bottle O Enchanting, and a trip to use an enchanting table with permission, to enchant any item they wish to. If I could do that, I'd enchant a fishing rod and use it to catch fish for my Clan <3.)

7th Picked - Kitty Cat! (Having a pet cat with permission.)

8th Picked - Free Rouge Pack!

9th Picked - Kitten For A Week!

10th Picked - Kitten For A Month!

(All that are left don't get anything.)

NOTE: If a player that is drawn is not online they're IGN will be written down and the prize will be given later <3

Day 2 and Day 3 - Special Activity Days!

Two days where special activities are hidden all around the territories. Like a cave that leads into a Parkour Zone, a mountain that hides a Costume Making station with pressure plates that give unlimited dyes and leather, all of which will be destroyed after those two days.

Day 4 and Day 5 - Trick-Or-Hunting!

Two days where we have spooky areas with little treats. We can't do pressure plates because some people might just go haywire with the stuff. And chests.. It'd run out of supplies. Wait- oh! When staff are on they can sit their booties down in Clan camps and give out things to players who come up to them and say "Trick-Or-Treat!" Or "Trick-Or-Hunt!" Or "GIMME STUFF" XD something like that. Maybe Kittens and certain Cats could too, they'd just need to be given supplies first.

Some things that they'd hand out might be like,

- Flowers

- Pumpkins

- Sugar and Prey (To represent candy)

- Gold, Iron, Lapis

- Carrots and Potatoes, Melon Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds (For those loner and rouge medicine faces out there who just "Gotta grow 'em a-a-all! Pokeherbs!"

- Pretty Woods And Leaves (Like Acacia, Jungle, And Dark Oak wood and leaves, because they are the rarer types of wood.)

- Ice, Snow, And Packed Ice

Day 6 - Costume Contest!

There will most likely be a scheduled time for this, over the course of 2 to 3 hours. Your IGN would be put on a sheet of paper (Again you'd either speak with the host or shout it in a topic here on the forums) and that list would be the ones being judged. The host and the staff that are online will be the judges, and if they wish they can even play themselves, but they don't get to judge themselves. We'd go up on the Gathering Tree to a branch or root blocked off for that day to be the "Runway". Staff would let them up out of the crowd into the Runway. That purrson (PUNS!) would then be judged by the judges <3.

NOTE: Please wear warrior skins (You can be Bluestar dressed as a slime for all I care but we need to tell it's a cat wearing a costume. It cant just be Slenderman wearing ears. It can be like, Graystripe with red eyes or Sandstorm wearing a cape - OR just a plain warriors cats..) And please be a cat from the books or a popular fan-fiction such as Starkit's Prophecy. It isn't strict.. Your warrior cat doesn't even need to be dressed to haunt.. It can have a diaper on or have a bow for all I care. XD

Here is a list of the prizes I think should be awarded <3

1st Place - Kitten for a month!

2nd Place - Kitten for a week!

3rd Place - Free Rouge Pack!

4th Place - A Kitty Cat! (A pet cat without getting in trouble for having one. JUST ONE, no babies or other cats.)

5th Place - Free Enchanting Trip! (Get to enchant any item of yours with LVL 30 without getting in trouble for having ONE enchanted item. Don't go bonkers, ONE item.)

And everyone who participates (with a proper skin) gets a diamond <3

Day 7 - Halloween Purrty!

No prizes, but a day to just party at the Gathering Place for one last time! Do whatever you want! Get high on catmint! Pop dat bubble wrap! We are SOOO rebel. Because people are gonna be out trick or treating (if you celebrate it), its just a free for all partayyy! Maken it rain! *throws gold in the air* MAKIN IT RAIN

2. ChemicallyPeridot

ChemicallyPeridot Well-Known Member

58%
    Haha yeah, #grammarzmuch?

3. LeAshleigh

LeAshleigh Retired Retired

21%
    This. Is. BOOTIFUL (Hehe, you thought I was gonna say Sparta eh?) I love it, and the Kitten and rogue pack idea is great, cause some people may not be able to purchase one :D

4. sammydog132

sammydog132 Retired Retired

25%
    There's already a Halloween party on Phoenix that has been approved, I'm not trying to be mean but, it's a good idea, but I don't want everyone to be on Fallenlight while I am wasting tons of hours working on the party on Phoenix.

5. LeCookieLucy

LeCookieLucy Retired Staff Member Retired

43%
    I agree with Sammy. If we're celebrating Halloween, it shouldn't be on a Warriors Role-play server. If it's on Phoenix, (Where contests are held..) Then it would be more relevant. Plus, there are towns and plots, so the trick-or-treat thing would work better. 

6. glittr_keeper02

I agree too. But one thing is, Phoenix is so spread out, and not too many people come on Phoenix. Plus, I was told Sofa said not to advertise Phoenix on Fallen Light. Fallen Light is popular in itself.... And don't get me wrong, I like Phoenix more than any other. But, Phoenix doesn't seem like a place where we could trick or treat (houses are so far from each other), and we'd be setting up a whole deal for maybe only 20 people. But if we can tell the Fallen Light people to come to Phoenix.. It might make Fallen Light abandond for the week, and more people are likely to play Phoenix more often during and afterwards... And you'd need a forums account to do anything on Phoenix, which requires an email, and not every child's parents would let them do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  7. Zilvercreeper67

Zilvercreeper67 Well-Known Member

20%
    Yeah well at least it'll make Phoenix more popular, which is a good thing ^-^ and like there should be time limits if we do it like 1-2 or 3 hours a day for the Halloween

• Like Like x 1
  8. sammydog132

25%
    Plus, I can always add an area with houses for trick or treating, players can each claim a house if they want to hand out candy.

9. glittr_keeper02

But you guys, you don't see, some people just CAN'T get on Phoenix. They CAN'T get forums accounts.

10. glittr_keeper02

Besides that; I will of course replan this to suit Phoenix.

11. sammydog132

25%
    Somepeople don't know about Phoenix, this Halloween party could be it's time to shine and leap into the spotlight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. glittr_keeper02

13. Cockatoo123

Cockatoo123 FallenLight Senior InGame Manager Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

39%
    I like the idea and like creeper-chan said, you need a forum account for Phoenix. I believe you should be able to do the stuff but people can roleplay if they don't want to participate.

14. glittr_keeper02

Yes, that is what I beleive... Sofa will make the desicion, yes?

15. LeCookieLucy

LeCookieLucy Retired Staff Member Retired

43%
    Yup, Sammy, I agree with you. 

Besides, if you're a guest, you can still run around the towns with a member or premium and share the food you get. You're not stuck in the spawn. 

16. sammydog132

25%
    Or maybe someone could just do /tp all me ...if that's even a command... Man I really need to get back to my programming books..

17. glittr_keeper02

Okee.. It is in Sofa's hands wether we host it on Phoenix or Fallen Light. Please dont try to sway her opinions <3

18. Cockatoo123

Cockatoo123 FallenLight Senior InGame Manager Staff Member Senior In-Game Manager

39%
    Sammy, I believe it's /tpall :3

19. Wolfhuntress

Wolfhuntress Retired Staff Member Retired

I absolutely love the Idea of Octoberfest! If you would not mind me making my own suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Day 1 - Halloween Bash! 
    All day, a Halloween Bash at the Gathering Place; Decorated with jack-o-lanterns, cobwebs, and possibly a gigantic coal or obsidian spider on top of the Gathering Tree! Of course, the decor would be taken down after the October Festival is done (AKA after October 31st). There will be a separate topic of a certain title where we can shout our IGNs. Those IGNs will be written down by the host (Could be a staff, or me, I'd LOVE to host it! I am planning it after all and had the idea <3 but the staff make it happen.) on different slips of paper and put in a bowl, then the host would draw maybe 10 names.
    Here's a list of suggestions for prizes from the drawing :3 
    1st Picked - Diamond Boots
    2nd Picked - Diamond Helmet
    3rd Picked - Diamond Chest-Plate
    4th Picked - Diamond Block
    5th Picked - Da Pumpkin Party Suit (Pumpkin for head, orange leather tunic, golden pants and golden boots!)
    6th Picked - Enchantment Opportunity (A stack of Bottle O Enchanting, and a trip to use an enchanting table with permission, to enchant any item they wish to. If I could do that, I'd enchant a fishing rod and use it to catch fish for my Clan <3.)  
    7th Picked - Kitty Cat! (Having a pet cat with permission.) 
    8th Picked - Free Rouge Pack!
    9th Picked - Kitten For A Week!
    10th Picked - Kitten For A Month!
    (All that are left don't get anything.) 
    NOTE: If a player that is drawn is not online they're IGN will be written down and the prize will be given later <3 

What I like:

-A Raffle with Ingame prizes such as armor or weapons that are reasonable

-(Reasonably) Enchanted Prizes! (Possibly Pre-Enchanted by Staff to make sure they are not overpowered, with things that are not unreasonable[as in, no fire/flame, super OP enchanted, or Bows]

What I dislike:

-Diamond Blocks

-Pet Cat

-Pumpkin Suit

(Unrealistic things that do not fit the server)

On the Fence:

-Free Rouge Packs/Kitten (These things cost the server money... It would be up to the CMs to decide.)

Day 2 and Day 3 - Special Activity Days!

Two days where special activities are hidden all around the territories. Like a cave that leads into a Parkour Zone, a mountain that hides a Costume Making station with pressure plates that give unlimited dyes and leather, all of which will be destroyed after those two days.

Things I like:

-Hidden things for cats to go and discover!

-Hidden Parkour! (Maybe with a prized item of some sort named "Fallenlight Octoberfest 2014")

-Possibly a Treasure Hunt with clues to find the next clue, and in the end a secret prize?

Things I dislike:

-Costume Making Machine (It would take a lot of time to build, as well as it could be abused easily.)

On the Fence:

-N/A

Day 4 and Day 5 - Trick-Or-Hunting! 

Two days where we have spooky areas with little treats. We can't do pressure plates because some people might just go haywire with the stuff. And chests.. It'd run out of supplies. Wait- oh! When staff are on they can sit their booties down in Clan camps and give out things to players who come up to them and say "Trick-Or-Treat!" Or "Trick-Or-Hunt!" Or "GIMME STUFF" XD something like that. Maybe Kittens and certain Cats could too, they'd just need to be given supplies first.
    Some things that they'd hand out might be like,
    - Flowers
    - Pumpkins
    - Sugar and Prey (To represent candy)
    - Gold, Iron, Lapis
    - Carrots and Potatoes, Melon Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds (For those loner and rouge medicine faces out there who just "Gotta grow 'em a-a-all! Pokeherbs!"
    - Pretty Woods And Leaves (Like Acacia, Jungle, And Dark Oak wood and leaves, because they are the rarer types of wood.)
    - Ice, Snow, And Packed Ice

Things I like:

-Trick-or-Treating!

-Giving out Possible Den-Building Supplies? (Not too much though, don;t want a ton of grief either!)

-Giving out Prey

-Hidden Trick-or-Treat booths around the outskirts of clan territory to find?

Things I dislike:

-Giving out Gold/Iron/Lapis

On the Fence:

-Carrots, Potatoes,Wheat, and Melon seeds

Day 6 - Costume Contest!

There will most likely be a scheduled time for this, over the course of 2 to 3 hours. Your IGN would be put on a sheet of paper (Again you'd either speak with the host or shout it in a topic here on the forums) and that list would be the ones being judged. The host and the staff that are online will be the judges, and if they wish they can even play themselves, but they don't get to judge themselves. We'd go up on the Gathering Tree to a branch or root blocked off for that day to be the "Runway". Staff would let them up out of the crowd into the Runway. That purrson (PUNS!) would then be judged by the judges <3. 
    NOTE: Please wear warrior skins (You can be Bluestar dressed as a slime for all I care but we need to tell it's a cat wearing a costume. It cant just be Slenderman wearing ears. It can be like, Graystripe with red eyes or Sandstorm wearing a cape - OR just a plain warriors cats..) And please be a cat from the books or a popular fan-fiction such as Starkit's Prophecy. It isn't strict.. Your warrior cat doesn't even need to be dressed to haunt.. It can have a diaper on or have a bow for all I care. XD 
    Here is a list of the prizes I think should be awarded <3
    1st Place - Kitten for a month!
    2nd Place - Kitten for a week!
    3rd Place - Free Rouge Pack!
    4th Place - A Kitty Cat! (A pet cat without getting in trouble for having one. JUST ONE, no babies or other cats.)
    5th Place - Free Enchanting Trip! (Get to enchant any item of yours with LVL 30 without getting in trouble for having ONE enchanted item. Don't go bonkers, ONE item.) 
    And everyone who participates (with a proper skin) gets a diamond <3 

Things I like:

-Costume Contest!

-Maybe have different themes, such as Warrior Cats, Cats, Homemade Skins, Monsters, and Other?

-Hosted at the gathering tree, maybe have Myself, Sofs and His royal highness of perfection, or the three CMs judge the contest?

-Ingame Prizes!

Things I dislike:

-Enchanted Prizes, unless preenchanted by a Staff Member

-ONLY Warrior Cat themed 

On the Fence:

-Kitten/Rouge Packs for prizes(For reasons stated earlier)

-A pet cat

Day 7 - Halloween Purrty! 

No prizes, but a day to just party at the Gathering Place for one last time! Do whatever you want! Get high on catmint! Pop dat bubble wrap! We are SOOO rebel. Because people are gonna be out trick or treating (if you celebrate it), its just a free for all partayyy! Maken it rain! *throws gold in the air* MAKIN IT RAIN 

Things I like:

-A Free-For-All party, maybe with some preplanned surprises from the Staff members who aren't out trick-or-treating

-Partying at the gathering place, talking, having a good time, maybe some group spooky-themed roleplays?

-Maybe little named items saying "Fallenlight Octoberfest 2014" to keep as souvenirs? 

Things I dislike:

-Getting High on Catmint

On the Fence:

-N/A

OTHER IDEAS:

-Possible Kittypet Exclusive Trick or Treating?

-Warp to another copied world of the current map for the events so the staff don't need to do  ton of cleaning up?

-Planned Halloween Special Roleplays? (Say, a mysterious group of rouges made of only black cats show up to the clans once a year in leaf-fall, they seem a bit off and have a new prophecy for the clan every year?)

-Surprise mini-events (Warrior cat or Halloween Trivia contests?) every once or twice a week to win ingame prizes?

-Special One-month long rank available only this month for purchase in the shop in October with special perks?

That's kind-of it for now! What do you think?

20. glittr_keeper02

I love all of your ideas and agree with what you like and don't like. About some of those things you dont really like, I was just kinda throwing things out there.

Now, I will go and edit the plans I have made, have the people in our coversation look it over, and then possibly share it with the public.