Our Servers

Windows........Mac.........

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by digger_8504, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

Personally Windows works much faster and is less childish. What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stormkrasher

Stormkrasher Well-Known Member

45%
    Comment Moderated to a degree to high to even think about posting

3. Inces_Velus

Inces_Velus New Member

a mac can be edited to have a 'parallel' in which the mac runs almost identical to a windows, why?

mac runs on bianary coding, which means it runs form a basic operating field

PC runs on coding which is very intricate, but coding can be easily hacked, made to have viruses, and harder to put back into bianary

SOOOO bianary can go into coding, but coding cannot be turned into bianary without lagging beyond belief, so I like mac better :)

4. WaFfles265

WaFfles265 Well-Known Member

93%
    Mac VS. PC. THEY'RE THE SAME FRICKEN THING!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  5. owen106

owen106 I'm Spiderman

They really aren't waffles lol. Different operating systems is the main difference. Just depends on preference, some people swear by apple, some people loathe it. It's like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion

6. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Community Manager: Technical Services Staff Member Community Manager

63%
    What are you smoking and where can I buy some?

Binary is '0's and '1's any ELECTRONIC Device uses it. As such you press "ON" on your remote, it sends a BINARY Code "1" to mean "ON", when you press "OFF" it sends BINARY code to your TV saying "0" meaning "OFF".

Macintosh is based off the OS Unix, which uses C / C++ / Objective-C, there market share is 7.78%

Windows is written in C / C++ / Assembly. Due to the market share of Windows being 91.77%

Whilst the remainder 0.45% consists of Linux (C/C++/Objective/Assembly), iOS (Based off Mac), Android (Based off Java/Google OS(Coming later this year/next year).

As such if you were a hacker would you prefer to go for:

A.) A system that is being used by 91.77% of the population?

B.) A system that is being used by 7.78% of the population?

I'd prefer A, as if I was a hacker (i'm not) I would prefer to go for a OS that I could possibly make money from.

Also, Mac's get viruses.

Another thing is: Mac takes months to release a patch for a virus. Windows takes a few days.. Just look up "Flash Back Trojan" only affected Mac's. Here i did the hard work for you

Your so cute Levi.. *pats levi on the head..*

Both Operating systems have their pro's & cons.

Windows: Buggy, Crashes alot.

Mac: Sometimes Slow, Extremely hard to do certain stuff.

But If you are doing video editing: Mac

If you are playing games; Windows.

Neither are childish.. but I would love to see what you mean by "Mac is childish"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  7. owen106

owen106 I'm Spiderman

So what you're saying is Windows is for nerds, like you and I, and Mac is for artists, like Nyx and Jeho? :eek: AMAZING!

(No idea where Brandon falls into the mix here, he's just an oddball)

• Like Like x 4
  8. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

Kris .....macs loading icon is a spinning beach ball of death XD so just saying i think that both yes have pros and cons but i still think if you put both systems together you would end out with a boss CPU

9. Stormkrasher

45%
    Well either way, I am still moderating my comment until furthur notice :p

10. NoMansLand

63%
    The Spinning wheel of death..

The Blue Screen of death..

I have both Mac & windows =)

11. Jehosophat_MFGC

Jehosophat_MFGC Community Manager: Server Experience Staff Member Community Manager

54%
    Brandon is a crafty nerd :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stormkrasher

45%
    and then there is Linux....which just flat out isnt worth your time or money to begin with....depending on circumstances XD

13. NoMansLand

63%
    Linux is free..

14. digger_8504

digger_8504 New Member

Now that I have a Windows 7 it is much more quicker....16 GB of Ram...soooo fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.